The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Simpson Patterns Ltd takes every effort to ensure that the information published on this web site is accurate. However, Simpson Patterns Ltd cannot accept any liability for the accuracy or content. Visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Simpson Patterns Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number 05405838. The registered office is 269 Coleford Road, Sheffield, England, S9 5PA
Copyright and neighbouring rights
This website and its content are copyright of Simpson Patterns Ltd – © Simpson Patterns Ltd 2018. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless we have given our express written permission.
This policy provides you with information about:
– how we use your data;
– what personal data we collect;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Simpson Patterns Ltd uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to verify your identity;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about relevant information promotional offers and products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
– to enable Simpson Patterns Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and
– where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Simpson Patterns Ltd uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent.
Simpson Patterns Ltd aims to update you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- contacting Simpson Patterns Ltd via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Sharing data with third parties
Simpson Patterns Ltd will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and members.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Simpson Patterns Ltd may collect the following information about you:
– your name;
– your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers and e-mail address;
– your on-line browsing activities on the Simpson Patterns Ltd website;
– your communication and marketing preferences;
– your location;
– your correspondence and communications with Simpson Patterns Ltd; and
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you complete a form on our websites, or send an email to a member of our team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Simpson Patterns Ltd is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include controls which protect the entire Simpson Patterns Ltd IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Simpson Patterns Ltd will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Simpson Patterns Ltd asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out in this policy.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
|Data Controller||Simpson Patterns Ltd|
|Our contact details:||
269 Coleford Road, Sheffield, S9 5NF
0114 2725561 firstname.lastname@example.org
|The purpose we are processing your personal data for is||
Administration and maintenance of employee records and the activities required for the support and management of our current and former workers, applicants and Elected members, including:
1. Recruitment, Selection & Termination,
2. Pay, Allowances, Pensions, Deductions and Benefits,
3. Working Arrangements and Leave,
4. Managing Performance and Conduct,
5. Managing Attendance and Employee Support,
6. Managing Change, and7. Appraisals, Supervisions and Training.
|Using your personal information for other purposes||We will not process your personal data for any other purpose than that for which it was collected, without first providing you with information on that other purpose and seeking your consent if applicable; except were we are required to disclose your personal data in accordance with legislation for example in relation to the prevention and detection of crime, counter terrorism, safeguarding, legal proceedings or to protect interests of you or another.|
|Organisations acting on our behalf to process your personal data||n/a|
|The fair and lawful basis we are processing your personal data on is||
Processing basis 1:Processing is necessary in order to meet our duties as an employer (Article 6 1 c compliance with a legal obligation and Article 9 2 b carrying out obligations and exercising specific rights in relation to employment).
Processing basis 2:Processing necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (Article 6 1 b re contract of employment or for the provision of a service to commercial client.)
Processing basis 3: the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (Article 6 1 a and 9 2 a).Processing basis 4: the processing of the data is necessary for a legitimate interest of the company.
|Am I required to provide the Company with my personal data||You are required to provide the minimum personal data necessary for us to manage your employment application and if successful your employment with us. Failure to provide the minimum necessary personal data we require could prevent us offering you employment or impact on your pay and conditions.|
|Does the Company’s processing of my personal data involve automated decision-making, including profiling?||No|
|Can I withdraw my consent for processing||You can withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data at any time if that processing is on the sole basis of your consent (Processing basis 3).|
|Who we will share your personal data with||
With your explicit consent:
|Transfers of personal data to a third country||Not routinely disclosed or transferred to recipients outside of the UK|
|How long we will retain your personal data for||Your personal data is retained in accordance with our legal obligations, which are set out the Human Resources section of our retention schedule.|
|What are my rights in relation to my personal data?||
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you; to request we rectify or erase your personal data; to object to or restrict processing in certain circumstances; and a right of data portability in certain circumstances.
More information on your rights can be found by contacting Mark Rixham at email@example.com
|Who can I complain to?||
If you are dissatisfied with how we have processed your personal data you can contact the Data Protection Officer to request an internal review.If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the internal review, they have the right to appeal directly to the Information Commissioner for an independent review. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
|Contact details for our Data Protection Office||
Short Privacy Notice:
As an employer the Company collects and processes your personal data for employment and application for employment purposes. We will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation, and not disclose your personal data to any other third party, unless allowed or required to do so under the Data Protection Act. For further details about the processing of your personal data please see the Full Privacy Notice available below.
Full Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect when Simpson Patterns Ltd collects and uses your personal data for employment and application for employment purposes in accordance with the Data Protection Act / General Data Protection Regulation.